GREiA research group of the University of Lleida and Eurotherm welcome you to the seminar on Advances in Thermal Energy Storage on May 15th, 16th and 17th of May 2019.
This seminar will bring together researchers and practitioners from academia and industry, who are working in the rapidly expanding field of thermal energy storage. The most recent trends in areas as novel storage materials, advanced storage concepts and configurations, thermal energy storage for renewable energy systems and thermal storage in buildings. Theoretical, numerical and experimental approaches will be presented for the entire range of applications, from material characterisation to complete storage systems. Plenary lectures given by keynote speakers will be followed by sessions including invited and contributed presentations. Selection of contributed oral and poster presentations will be made by the scientific committee based on the review of the abstracts. Topics for presentations and posters:
- New and enhanced materials for thermal energy storage
- Methods for material testing and characterisation
- Prediction of material behaviour
- Micro-, macro- and nano-encapsulation methods
- Heat transfer enhancement
- Multi-scale modelling and numerical simulation
- Experimental validation of numerical models
- Thermal energy storage in renewable energy systems
- Thermal energy storage in buildings
- Novel storage concepts
- Social aspects of thermal energy storage
Authors are invited to submit a short abstract for a poster or oral presentation. After acceptance, authors will have to submit a full paper of up to 10 pages, which will be included in the proceedings of the seminar. Also, a Special Issue of a relevant scientific journal will be organised.
- Abstract submission – 30th of September 2018
- Notification to authors – 15th of December 2018
- Early registration – 31st of January 2019
- Full paper submission – 31st of January 2019
CHESTER will be participating in the seminar and will be actively exchanging the knowledge accumulated within the project with all other interested participants.